♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Turn off the lights, and I'll glow..

We went to lok at Christmas lights last night. It's a tradition I've had with Trenton since he was born. Even when he was too little to know at all what was going on. My parents did it with us when we were little. So we've done it for years and just incorporated Scott when he and I became serious.

But things are a bit different now. We used to bring snacks and hot chocolate and blankets and made a whole big deal about it. However, Scott doesn't allow food or drinks in his car. And it was a school night so the lights at Deerfield (where we go every year) weren't all on. And we couldn't go out to eat dinner because we didn't have time. It wasn't exactly the way I pictured in my head. So I pouted for awhile. But it was nice to listen to Trenton be excited to see the Grinch and beg to decorate our own house with "colors". Eventually, I realized I was telling myself that I was mad because Scott insisted things be done on his terms... when I was in the middle of throwing a fit because they hadn't been done on mine. That seemed slightly hypocritical so I decided to get over it. Maybe next year I'll get us a limo. That way we can eat and drink all we want in the vehicle, LOL.

I'm only half kidding. :)

If you haven't been to Deerfield in Plano, I'd go. They have one of those houses that is COVERED in lights. Every part of it and the yard is strung. And the lights flash in coordination with a local radio station that broadcasts Christmas music just for this house. It's a charity thing. They are a donation spot for Toys for Tots and something else. Anyway, at one point, the station started busting out Vanilla Ice and the lights flashed right along. Hilarious.

2 comments:

The Barbers said...

We did the same thing Sunday night and we are taking our friends and their two kids tomorrow. EXCEPT we DID and WILL have hot chocolate AND Jingle Cookies... so poo on you Scott... Scrooge McDuck - Durby, you and the boys can come with us next year. We'll pull Scott behind the van on a sled. BAAAAHUMBUG!

KRiSTiN said...

THANK YOU!! And I don't think we should give him a sled. That kinda seems like fun. I'm thinking trunk... lol. ;)

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits