♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm looking forward to Monday...

...because I won't be at work. I need a break... a vacation... or heck, a nap!!

Where do I even start?! This weekend was CRAZY!

Friday: My girlfriend, Sarah's birthday is Valentine's Day. So at work Friday, we opened the package her family sent her and had a "Pre-Birthday Party" in the break room at work.



Then Friday night was my night to bring the Barbers dinner. Julie did this AWESOME thing where she asked for volunteers to make us dinner after Carter was born. Let me tell you, that was a serious God send. I was genuinely happy to bring them dinner in the wake of Tristan's birth. We'd had plans to meet up several times and things kept happening. Being sick things. But finally, I got to meet sweet Tristan. And he is absolutely adorable. I can't wait until Carter and Tristan's first playdate.

So after chatting awhile with the B's, I went home because we had a couple friends coming over. There was wine and games. This always equals a good time.

Saturday: was fairly uneventful. I slept a good portion of the day since we'd been up until 3am the night before. Then surprisingly, Scott suggested sushi from my FAVORITE restaurant and a movie. Staying in, of course, because we had the baby. He went and picked up the food and movies and surprised me with the a couple of bottles of the shiraz we had at our wedding. It was a good night.

Sunday: I planned on Scott being gone and playing with Carter and catching up on my tivo shows. Lost, The Office, The Soup and even Grey's if I've watched everything else. I put Carter in his stationary entertainer for the first time today. It was hilarious. He was a little unsure of everything until I put batteries in the little lights and sounds thingy. Then he had a great time playing.






I called my mom and dad and invited them over to hang out and have dinner, since Trenton would be returning from his dad's. But Scott came home early, much to his dismay (poker tourn didn't go well) and BROUGHT dinner since he was unaware that I'd made plans. Mom and Dad still came over, we just played with the boys. Mom, of course, got us all Valentine's gifts. It's what she does.

Scott's Gift


Trenton's Gift


Carter's Gift


My Gift


Carter's started sucking his thumb. I was against this at first. I tried to force the pacifier on him thinking that'd be easier to break later than the thumb. But he does it and I'm ok with it. I'll worry about the rest later. Now I'll just focus on how cute he is sucking his thumb. :)




I took tomorrow (Monday) off work. Both the kids are out of school and I'm just going to enjoy a 3 day weekend because I can. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to recover from the wildness of the last 3 days. Sheesh!!!

And last, but not least, this was my Valentine's Celebration attempt with Trenton. He's a boy, so girlie Valentine's whatnot isn't really his thing. And quite frankly, I kinda think Valentine's Day is dumb. I enjoy the idea behing it, but it's so ridiculous these days. Anyway, where was I? Ah, our muffin. Our giant heartshaped blueberry muffin. Lol. We made him together for breakfast. We even made a smiley face out of blueberries. But then we ate him. Which, Trenton says, made him sad. So his face had to be appropriately changed. You were delicious, friend...




4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Wow!! I look like a "special" kid.

KRiSTiN said...

I think you're special. ::Snicker::

The Barbers said...

Oh great...way to freak out the little guy by eating Mr. Blueberry Man... remind me of that when the boys are having their play date. Auntie Kristin does NOT eat Santa, or the tooth fairy, of the Easter Bunny........ I promise buddy, she's nice...... LOL

KRiSTiN said...

Hey, if any of those people are made out of something delicious, you can bet I am gonna eat them.

:)

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits