♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

::Smack::

I occasionally need to be slapped in the face with my own good fortune.

I stumbled upon a website today, completely unintentionally. I say that, but perhaps it was God's intention.

I was looking for photos I wanted recreated for my family. Poses I wanted to try when we get our pictures made. I found Footprints Photography. On this website, there's a section called "Heart & Soul". These are charity photos for families with terminally ill children or children with deformities and such.

I looked at every picture. Every single one. Because I felt like I needed to. Some had the child's name. Some had names and dates. From blank to blank. The dates made my insides jello. A 4 year-old boy with a sweet and micheveous smile. Infants whose birthdays were days or even hours before the final date. Mommies and Daddies holding babies too tiny to even really see. Babies with tubes in places... throats and noses. Children with deformities that will make a normal life impossible. It was truly, truly heartbreaking.

I CANNOT begin to imagine... nor do I want to.

They are sweet and beautiful pictures... but they made my heart hurt. And they're burned into my memory now. I can't forget the picures of Jack or Ellison or any of the other kids and babies with 2 dates beneath their pictures.

Thank GOD my babies are both healthy and happy. Literally, thank God.

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

Ahhh yes, I have that kind of luck too!! And I am the type of person where I can't just blow it off, it bother's me for days and days!!! Sounds like you are the same way.

KRiSTiN said...

Yes, I am. I've fought tears several times today just thinking about it.

Must be a mommy thing. :)

Stephanie said...

You know I couldn't read your blog and not go look at the pics. Then of course I cried.

Things like that sure do make me think twice at the crap I gripe about! God Bless Those Families!

The Barbers said...

don't think I can stand to look........ I'll cry..giv eme an hour, I'll be on that site. Sheesh

The Barbers said...

Can't stop crying......... but I have to long enough to go hug my boy. Wow.. thanks for sharing that.

KRiSTiN said...

God Bless those families, indeed. My heart aches for them.

Charlya said...

Okay, you know me being the photographer I had to go look. I am in tears sitting at my desk. A very good friend of mine lost his child to cancer when he was 6. These pictures brought back a lot of memories of when he was going through chemo again and again. Very touching. Hard pictures to take.

KRiSTiN said...

I can't even begin to imagine the horrible and painful experience that must have been for your friend. It doesn't seem fair that kids aren't immune to these types of things. But I guess everyone is someone's baby forever.

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits