♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of the First Grade

One of the greatest things about Trenton is one of the things that makes me the saddest. He knows no stranger. Everyone is his friend. Whether he's known you for years or seconds. This means he fears no social situation. Which is great. I don't think I've ever left him anywhere that he cried for his mommy, the way some kids do. I don't think he ever notices when I leave, as a matter of fact. It's just the way he is. So last year, on his first day of kindergarden, he bounced right into his class on the first day, without so much as a backward glance. Which was hard on me then. I should have known, but give me a break, I was 6+ months pregnant and extrememly hormonal. I cried like 2 year-old with a scrapped knee. This year, I knew what to expect.

We walked to school this morning, Trenton and I with Carter in the stroller. Trenton was excited. He chatted about this and that and he practically bounced all the way to school. I was going to leave him at the front door, but decided last minute to walk him to his classroom. Seemed like that's what most of the other parents were doing and I wanted to make sure he remembered where his classroom was.

We said good morning to his teacher, she and I chatted a bit about Trenton's after school plans and that was it. I kissed him and left him there. He was already talking to one of his classmates before Carter and I left him there. I don't know when/if he ever really realized I left.

The walk home was quiet. And lonely. I much prefer walking alone to the school and coming home WITH Trenton to walking home sans Trenton. I won't lie, I wanted to cry. But I didn't. I know it's better, for a million reasons, that he doesn't get upset when I go. Blah, blah. But it doens't make it easier for ME.

So he's there. With his Bakugan backpack and lunch "box" (it's insulated canvas). Making new friends and getting smarter. Wearing his spiffy new school clothes... and probably ruining them. :)

Anyway, I am so very thankful for the opportunity I got to spend the summer with both my boys at home. How awesome is that?! What a blessing! :) I see it for what it is, an absolute gift. I miss Trenton already. The house is so much quieter. You don't realize how much you miss actual conversation until there's no one around with the ability to talk.

Anyway, Happy First Day of First grade, Trenton! Mommy loves you very much and can't wait for all the great and fun things this year will surely bring. :)

No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits