♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Boy Scout Banquet

Happy Birthday, Boys Scouts of America!  100 years old!  Wow.   

Tonight was Trenton's Boy Scout Banquet.  It started at 5:30 this evening.  3 very long hours later, we left there.  It was an awards ceremony for all the scout dens and they awarded trophies for the Pinewood Derby they had last month.  :)

We sat in our reserved spot with the centerpieces the boys had made for the table.  Each boy made a "Birthday Box" for one of North Texas' homeless children, and they used those as the centerpieces before delivering them. 

They did the awards and badges and each Den was pawed or clawed with their appropriate critter mark.  Trenton is a Tiger Cub, so his den got the Tiger Paw mark on his cheek as he accepted his award.  FYI, the stamp they use to mark them looks like the leg of the animal.  Funny.

They catered TONS of Sonny Bryan BBQ and had birthday cake for the Scouts.  We ate until we couldn't physically eat anymore.  I don't eat BBQ sauce, but the meat was so good on it's own, that I was super happy eating beef and pickles.  Yum. 

The boys were super well behaved, considering we were just basically SITTING for 3 hours.  About 2.5 hours in, Carter was tired and restless, so I took him into the hall to let him run around and blow off some steam. 

It was a good night. 

















I'll admit that I was EXHAUSTED, so it may have seemed longer to me than it actually was.  I slept all of an hour Thursday night and then last night, I had some friends over for game night and drinks.  Then I stayed up chatting with Gibs until 4am.  Poor Sarah.  She eventually just told me she couldn't stay awake anymore and had to sleep, right then.  LOL.  I went on to bed.  However, getting up at 5am with Carter, then again at 6am with Trenton, then AGAIN at 8am with both boys.... makes for a sleepy mommy.  Luckily, Scott gave me the chance to nap on and off during the day so I didn't feel like dying.  :)  Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep tonight.

It's not over yet, but so far, it's been a nice weekend. 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh' I forgot I did that. But I did...I just couldn't maintain a converstation anymore. Nevermind the amount of alcohol we had..the sleep part just couldn't keep my mouth moving.

I had so much fun, and thank you agian for the hotel stay with breakfast in the morning. yum!

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits