♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Thursday, March 18, 2010

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. ~Franklin P. Jones

I took the boys to the Arboretum today.  The idea was to get some Spring/Easter pictures of the kids, enjoy the weather, and then go eat lunch before we came home.

My parents came along to help wrangle the boys and draw out smiles with I took pictures.  In my head, the day went swimmingly and perfectly and we all enjoyed ourselves and each other.

Reality was somewhat different.

I hadn't taken into account that it was Bloom time at the Arboretum PLUS spring break.  We couldn't even park there.  We had to take a shuttle {which was a giant BUS} from some random mexican grocery stores parking lot.  And the line just to get on the bus was LONG.  And I forgot a stroller for my linebacker toddler.  From the get-go, it was a beating of a trip.

Let me sum it up for you as to-the-point as possible.
  • Crowded. 
  • Hot. 
  • Uncooperative Toddler.  
  • Intense Pain in my foot. 
  • 3 Hours.
  • No Lunch. 
  • 6 year old asking the same questions over and over and over again.
I was happy to leave.  Carter was in a pissy mood the WHOLE time we were there.  He only wanted to be held or be running amuck on his own.  I couldn't even get candid shots of him because he wanted to run far away from wherever I was at the time.  ::Sigh::

All that time and I have very little to show for it.  Frustrating.  Especially since my foot feels like it's rotting and about to fall off my body. 

Thank goodness my parents were there!!  I could not have handled that on my own.  I would have lost one of those boogers for sure, lol. 

Anyway, I'm super tired.  And I just wanna go ice my foot until I fall asleep on the couch.  I may post more of the pictures later, but here's an early preview...







































  

Photobucket

No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits