♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Friday, November 05, 2010

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way! ~ Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss' "Oh the Places You'll Go!" is my all-time, without question favorite children's book.  It makes me cry.  Silly, eh?  It reads differently when you have kids.  I gave it to Trenton on his first day of kindergarten.  I'll do the same for Carter someday.
 
Carter's last day of being 1 is tomorrow. 

I just...

I mean...

Where does it go?  Seriously!  All that time.  2 years?  Half a highschool career.  An associates degree.  The time it took for me to meet Scott then marry him.  It's a long time.  Years... days and weeks that zoomed by inconspicuously... until they add up to years.  Like the sale items you pick up at Target and then all the sudden your trip for a card and juice costs you $300. 

2 years.  That's all it takes to go from a gooey, wrinkly baby boy who can't hold his own head up to a PERSON who knows that they like carrots and not corn.  Someone who has favorite shows and loves to wear shoes ALL the time.  A real little man who dances and giggles and mimics his older brother. 

2 years.  A genuine toddler.  Soon a "little boy".  And I'll have no more "baby". 

My head has accepted it.  My heart still needs a snuggly baby C to carry around and dote upon.

I love your tiny toes and how passionately you tell everyone "NO!".  I love how you love breakfast so much.  Nothing makes me happier than you doing everything your brother does and repeating everything I say {even when it's "damn it!"}. 

::Sigh::  2 years.  I knew it would be like this.  I mean, Trenton is SEVEN.  I'm stuck in some sort of time loop, I think.  It doesn't seem fair. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Carol said...

Quit making me cry! Our baby boy...is a BOY. Don't quite know how to feel about that right now.

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits