♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Monday, August 22, 2011

Thrifty Kitchen - Proud (and tired) Kristin

I am a magician.  Ok, not a magician.  But a thrifty (broke) and innovative (desperate) lady!  It's no secret that when I moved into the house my husband bought before meeting me, the kitchen was an EYESORE.  Picture of Trenton's 6th birthday party below.  Note the disgusting, peeling laminate floor tiles.  Wretchedly painted (you can't really tell, but trust me) white cabinets.  Awesomely yellow counters.  Vertical figgin' blinds.  And you can barely see a smidge of gold subway tile backsplash.  ::GAG::

But... that's why there's HGTV.  And the internet.  And weekends.  :)  With a super budget of almost nothing, we went from this depressing sad place...


To this better place!  Is it the blog cabin?  No.  But it's not forcing me to google starting untraceable fires anymore.  :)  I'm actually pretty proud of my penny pinching and elbow grease.  New floors, refinished cabinets, refinished counter top (previous blog for more pictures on "how to"), new backsplash, new dishwasher, new light fixtures, new paint color (beige to shark loop blue/gray), new counter/backspash edging... I love it!  I need my own show.  This was all done on the CHEAP by me.  Some things took longer than other (good GAWD, the cabinets) but totally worth it.  P.S. these are awful pictures taken on my iphone. 


2 comments:

Carol said...

You, and your kitchen, are amazing! Great job!!

Margie said...

Wow, I've been gone from your blog for a while because I've had a really hectic summer.
Love your kitchen and I'd give anything to be able to do the things you do....I don't think I have a real talent ...I guess being a big talker doesn't count...
You did a beautiful job, Kristin and you aren't afraid to tackle anything...wish I could say the same...wuhoooo to you..margie

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits