♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Inside Out

Carter is sick. I was up holding and cuddling him all night... literally all night. Any time he was put down, he did this pathetic whine that was just so sad and I couldn't ignore his mommy-hold-me-please-I-don't-feel-good-and-want-to-snuggle cries. :( He has a yucky cold. So every hour or so, I "get" to squirt saline up his nose and then suction all that is residing in his nasal passages out. He LOVES it. ::Rolls Eyes:: So I took him to the pediatrician yesterday to make sure his lungs and ears were clear.

And there was something else. On Christmas day, we noticed Carter's belly button looking different. Poking out. Not like an outie though. Different. And it was squishy. Filled with fluid? We were disturbed. I, of course, immediately started researching via the internet. And found what I thought was the problem. An umbillical hernia. Well, the doctor confirmed it yesterday. Our little man has a HOLE in his abdominal wall where the umbillical cord was and his intestines are now poking through said hole making his belly button protrude.



It sounds worse than it is. It looks worse than it is. It doesn't hurt him. It requires no treatment. It will supposedly heal itself in the next couple of years. Apparently, this is very common, I'm told. That makes me wonder why, if it's so friggin' common, why I've never heard of it. The doctor kept pushing on it and telling me I could push in and feel the hole in his muscle. ::Shudder:: No thanks. Carter just wiggled and squirmed the whole time she was manipulating one of his internal organs. ::Sigh::

So anyway, that's that. Carter is fine. Perfectly fine. But I still feel blue. My poor Monkey. Mommies should be able to fix boo boos. But I can't kiss this away. :(

I will say, though, that my little munchkin weighs 13 pounds and some change as of yesterday. Chubby sweetness. :) That's the power of the superboob.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear your little squirt isn't feeling well. Hope he gets better soon. That is interesting about the umbillical hernia. Isn't it nuts how the doctors say these things are "no big deals." It is a huge deal to the mommy/daddy. That is just like Gavin and his jaundice. He had what they call breastmilk jaundice. Never heard of it before until he was diagnosed. Yet, they say it is "very common." What a load of crap! :)
Happy New Year to you guys!

The Barbers said...

Ok, now I get it. If I checked this yesterday like I had planned I would have seen what you were talking about. Poor little guy... let's just pray it away.... very common sucks. It's like when your doc is "working on you" and they say OOPS. Oh so comforting....

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits