♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Friday, September 25, 2009

"Compliance!"

Scott and I watched "No Country For Old Men" last night. It was... crazy. I kinda like that it was so different. Not your cookie cutter, this happened now here's the resolution. Life doesn't always have a resolution. You don't always know. Evil just is.

But I liked the end. The semi self realization of the sherif. The dream about his dad. That dad was going on ahead to make a fire in "all that cold and all that dark."

I liked the movie. I can understand how it wouldn't appeal to everyone. Some people like things to be neat and tidy at the end. Closure is important to some. I appreciate the roughness of it.

Not my favorite movie. But enjoyable. Although, that brings me to something else.

Where the Wild Things Are.

They are making that book into a movie. I saw the preview last night and literally gasped with joy! Luckily, I was the only one in the room. One of my favorite childhood books! One that Trenton always loved me reading to him. I can't wait to see them "roar their terrible roars and gnash their terrible teeth!!!" I will be taking Trenton to see that movie. I may even take him out of school the day it comes out. October 16th, I think??? I dunno. I am seeing it. The end.

I'm trying to think of my favorite movies. Let's see...

1. Gran Torino
2. Gone Baby Gone
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Meet the Robinson's (I know it's a kid's movie. I still love it.)
5. Flight of the Navigator (That's where "compliance" comes in. Sarah knows that. GPB fist bump, friend.)

Some of those, like #5, go back to childhood. I also remember something about a cat from outer space. I dunno. Lol.

Trenton now loves the greatness of Flight of the Navigator. It's such an 80's movie. I can't believe he can watch and appreciate it. But he does. He likes the little claymation alien that dances. :)

I'm so glad it's Friday. I just want to clean my house and then sit around in my jammies. Saturday is Trenton's school's Fall Festival, so we have to make an appearance there and I'm going with my mom to film a wedding and reception, but other than that, I feel like being LAZY!

Happy Fall, people! Isn't the weather right now awesome?! I plan on sitting on the porch tonight with a tasty glass of shiraz and enjoying NOT melting to death. Enjoy the weekend, my friends!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the Shout Out! Remember when we sent Trenton on a mission in the house to find the Flight of the Navigator DVD. He was looking so hard! I think we ended up finding it in your DVD shelve....just hiding.

Compliance! I still want that little alien as a pet.

KRiSTiN said...

LOL. Yes, and the front of the DVD is silver writing on the silver background, so you can't even really read it. Poor Trenton. He probably wouldn't have been able to read it anyway. ANd then we didn't even watch it, lol.

Dawn Renee said...

I just saw the preview for "Where The Wild Things Are" too and I was so excited! I can't wait to see it too!

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits