♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

I did it.  The black Friday thing.  Kinda.  I wasn't Christmas shopping.  I was just thrifty shopping.  The Old Navy sale looked promising.  The boys grow out of clothes like weeds and the winter weather is slowly approaching... I think.  In order to keep my kids from freezing when the temps drop, I did it. 

Old Navy opened at 3am.  So I just napped while Scott watched the Cowboy/Raiders game on Thursday and then just stayed up.  I left the house at 2am ish and hit 711 for coffee.  When I pulled up to Plano's Old Navy at 2:30am, I wasn't sure what to expect.  What I got, was to stand in line in the cold for half an hour behind a women with a baby who couldn't have been more than a couple of weeks old.  After I got in, it was ok.  Great sale.  I got the boys a ton of stuff.  All kids jeans were $10 and long sleeved shirts and sweaters were $5.  :)  So I loaded up, got my cheap stuff (made cheaper by my coupon... woot, woot!) and got home around 3:40am. 

But then, thanks to my coffee, I was up.  I finally got in bed around 6:30 this morning... still wide awake.  I eventually fell asleep, only to wake a couple of hours later when Carter woke up.  I took him downstairs to Scott and then I guess I got back in bed, although I don't remember doing that.  Scott woke my up around noon with warm pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream.  :)  Like I mentioned on my previous post, I didn't get any on Thanksgiving so he'd gone to the store, gotten a pie and baked it for me.  I got out of bed at that point and we dug out all the Christmas decorations.  Yikes. 

Scott reorganized the closet and I decided to recover our dining room chairs with some leftover leather.  They were originally white seats, but years of being eaten on with a little boy in the family, and they weren't white anymore.  It took longer than I expected, but I'm really happy with the way they look and feel.  They match the color scheme in that room and they'll be easier to keep clean.  For never having done anything like that before, that "project" came out well, I think.  Scott made fun of the massive amount of staples that I used, but I felt powerful using the staple gun, lol.   




Some of the Christmas decorations are up.  I'm not done, but I've hit my wall.  It's exhausting to decorate.  Finding the right placement for every ornament and every "thing" is hard.  Especially when you do things like we do and change the room we have the tree in every year and switch room purposes around frequently.  What was our formal living room last year is the play room this year and who knows what it'll be next year.  So every year I start all over.  But that's fun. 

I love opening the decoration boxes.  Because I forget what I have.  I forget about something and then I get excited about rediscovering it and finding a home for it.  I collect snowmen.  My tree is shades of blue, white, silver and creams.  Icy and crisp.  Blue and silver ribbons that have been curled up all year cascade down it in and the glitter catching the tiny white lights is soooo pretty.  I don't have many Santa's or red and green things.  But I have lots of snowmen.  I took pictures of my favorites, because I love them so much.

I have several wood carved snowmen.  These are my favorites.


Trenton loves nutcrackers, so I got this for him.
  

My mom made this for me.  I love it.  It looks like a wrapped package and creates the softest light!


I like to hang my cutest ornaments on door handles and lamp light switches.  Just makes the room more festive. 


I haven't put out any of my garland or bowls of floating Christmas candles or anything like that yet, but I started!  Hurray for Christmas!  Now I just wanna light a bunch of candles and watch Christmas movies and drink hot chocolate and baileys. 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Carol said...

Your chairs look awesome!! Don't you just love it when you take on a project and it turns out great!! Good job!

KRiSTiN said...

I think my chairs look great, too. I already have my next project in mind....

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits