♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Have I told you today that I love you?

So I guess the best way to start my Valentine's Posts, is the obvious one.

The "I love you" story. The first "I love you" in the relationship. When Scott and I went from just dating to being in a relationship, I guess.

I will say this, 3 months in, I was in love. I just kept it to myself, lol. Our relationship was so easy. I didn't want to complicate anything.

Anyway, back then, Scott and I only saw each other about once a week. We communicate mainly via the computer. But every day, whether I saw him or not, he said or wrote this to me...

"Have I told you today that I like you?"

Then he'd say, "Because I do."

And that was it. So simple and sweet. One of those things that I rolled my eyes at.. but secretly loved.

So anyway, my best friend Debbie and I drove to Houston the last weekend of October that year, because I was the maid of honor at my girlfriend Jana's wedding. Scott and I had been dating for about 5 or 6 months. After her wedding Saturday night, we decided to go ahead and drive home instead of stay another night, like we'd originally planned. So we hopped in the car and started driving. I must have called Scott and told him we were coming home early, because after I dropped Deb off at home around 1am, I drove over and met Scott at the reminents of a halloween party he'd attended that night. It was late and the party was over, essentially, but as I sat at the table talking to the few remaining of Scott's friends (who are now some of MY best friends) he leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Remind me to tell you something later."

Thinking I was going to get some good drama story that pertained to the party, I made sure to remind him later that night (morning) when we got back to his house and were laying bed ready to go to sleep.

He muttered and hawed, until he finally said, "Have I told you today that I love you? Because I do."

NOT what I was expecting.

I was apparently quiet for too long, because then he said, "You don't have to say it back. I just wanted you to know."

HAHAHAHA!

Anyway, that's the gist of it. Of course I said it back... reluctantly... because I thought he must be drunk. :D

And that was that.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Fallon said...

Kristin...2 things caught my attention. One of you favorite movies is A.I. and I had the role of TV Face in that film. Check out my credits on IMDb (Bobby Harwell). The other thing that got my attention was your desire to write a novel. Let me tell you that for years that was my dream. Now at age 78 I have finally done it. So remember it is never too late. Check my website BRHarwell.com

Stephanie said...

That was seriously one of the sweetest things I have read in awhile. Actually made me tear up a little, I am so happy that you have found happiness with Scott you deserve it. :)

KRiSTiN said...

Yeah, it was a pretty perfect moment. :)

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits