♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love Sick

Just a few pics of my valentine and I.  I actually picked some of my favorite pictures of the two of us.



I'm not in a blogging kind of mood.  Trenton's sick.  After a visit to our Pediatrician's Nurse Practioner, he has strep throat AND the flu.  Super sick. 

I feel like such a jerk because since the moment I told him we were going to the doctor this morning, he started asking about shots.  I put it off and put it off until I finally told him that I didn't think he was going to get a shot.  I really didn't think he would.  At that point, I thought he had a stomach virus. 

I was wrong. 

He got TWO shots.  I felt TERRIBLE.  I wanted to CRY.  His face when he heard the word "injection" broke my heart.  He even told me that he felt better and he didn't need one. 

Then, of course, I had to hold him down while they gave him 2 shots in the thigh.  And the nurse (who was 80 if I'm a day) told him before hand it would hurt.  "These hurt like the dickens!" is what she said.  Thanks Lady!!  She did bring him THREE little toys to play with afterward and begged for his forgiveness.  He said he forgave her.. so I guess I can, too.

He's out of school the rest of the week, without question.  Maybe some next week, too.

And if that weren't enough, I had to ship Carter off to my parent's house in an effort to keep him well.  Trenton's on Tamaflu and Carter got some too as a preventative measure, so hopefully that'll work.

But I'm not in "Love Blog" mode tonight with one of my babies as sick as he is and the other one being gone.  :(  My heart feels sad.  I'm in sad mommy mode. 

I CAN say that my husband came home from work early to stay with Carter while I took Trenton to the doctor so I didn't have to keep them together in a confined space (my car) and risk Carter getting coughed on and such.  And it was nice to be able to focus all of my attention on Trenton and what he needed. 

I appreciate that.  And the insanely sweet email he sent me from work this morning.  I smiled out loud.  Yes, it makes sense.

Photobucket

No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits