♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mommy's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

I wanted to do something fun for my mom this Mother's Day, so I looked into sending her an Edible Arrangement.  I've gotten several and have LOVED them every time!  So I got on the website and was SHOCKED at how expensive they are.  Before tax or shipping/delivery.  Wow, I thought.  I could do that myself.  Then I really thought, you know... I COULD do that myself...

So I did.  :)  It was time consuming.  And not easy.  But for my first creation, I think it came out really well.  It would have been easier if I'd have a cookie cutter shaped like a flower.  But I didn't so I made due.

As far as projects go... I think most people could pull it off.
  • I found a cute tin ($1.00 at Target)
  • Bought the fruit and marshmallows I wanted to include
  • Got a head of lettuce, wooden skewers, some tissue paper {which I save and reuse so I had on hand}, and went the extra mile and bought chocolate for dipping.
I dipped some Strawberries, Apples and Marshmallows in chocolate and let them dry. 





After that, it was a matter of arranging.  I wrapped the lettuce in the tissue paper and stuck it in the tin and that's what held the skewers of fruit in place.



Ok.  It was more than arranging.  The prep is what takes forever.  Washing and cutting all the fruit.  Creating the skewers.  Balling the melons.  And all that jazz.  It didn't come out exactly like I envisionded it and it took MUCH longer than I thought it would, but I think it was a fun gift for my mom.  She seemed to enjoy it. {FYI, we also got her a cute little tote cooler that looks like a purse but will hold 6 beers.  My parents go the the Thursday Concerts by the lake in Rockwall, so I thought that'd be something cute to carry snacks or booze in.}
{Mom had already been munching on it at this point, lol}

I made several pizzas for everyone, including one special Heart Pizza.


The we just ate, chatted, and hung out.  Very relaxing.  Especially since I've been sick and didn't sleep well last night.

Me and Mom {I know I look sick and pale.. because I'm both}

The boys got me flowers, a sweet card, and a HUGE balloon that is voice recording.  So when I push the button, Trenton's pre-recorded voice tells me Happy Mother's Day and that he loves me.

                                     


No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits