♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Friday, May 28, 2010

Outdoor Adventures of the Durbin kind.

My office closed early today.  At 1:45 pm, I was told to get outta there and have a good weekend {which I felt a teeny bit guilty about because I'd JUST gotten back from a long and leisurely lunch with a coworker}!

So I called my best friend, Deb, who I hadn't talked to in awhile.  We chatted and I'm so glad I did.  I just love her.  She just so... Deb.  And that's 100% awesome.  After a much needed connection with her, I finished up my shopping for Trenton's teacher's end of the year gift {that'll be another blog}.

I picked up the boys and we came home.  We played Avatar {Not the blue people movie, but the airbender cartoon} and when Scott got home a little after 4, we loaded up and went to one of our favorite nearby parks.  We could ride our bikes there, if we wanted.  I love that park.  It's so open and clean.  There's a big pond and trees and just open space.  Of course, there's a playground there, too. 

The Car Ride {Carter thought someone might take his favorite toy ever... his ball}


I think it's Bob Woodruff Park.  It's WAY bigger than anything I could fit in one picture.  This is just one part. TONS of open, flat space to run.


Carter played soccer all by himself for awhile.


Then he abandoned soccer {ball and all} to see what Bubba and Daddy were doing.
They were playing with Trenton's giant frisbee thingy



Then we ambled over toward the pond {lake?} to sit down and blow bubbles.  Trenton and I got there first while Scott and Carter took their sweet time.



Carter was VERY pleased to find the ducks that were resting near Trenton and I when they finally caught up.  The ducks were far less excited about the new visitor.

After Carter chased off all the ducks, Trenton headed for the playground.  Carter, who'll follow T anywhere, was right on his heels.


Carter had some concerns about the bridge that lead to the slides.

To be on the safe side, he took a break to get hydrated while Trenton played.



I love this picture.  It's so Trenton.
It was hot and Carter was already looking red, so we headed out to get some McDonalds and to watch a movie from our homemade blanket tent.


Carter must have had fun, because this is what he does when he wants to sing, "If you're happy and you know it.." {his face is "surely shows it" the whole song, lol}


Photobucket

No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits