♥♥♥ Sing ♥ Hug ♥ Giggle ♥ Smile ♥ Enjoy ♥ Kiss ♥ Share ♥ Dance ♥ Play ♥ Snuggle ♥ Dream ♥ Cherish ♥ Love ♥ Wish ♥♥♥

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Goodbyes are not forever

A girl I went to high school with and who I just recently saw, as she worked at Carter's old school, has suffered a tremendous loss.  Last time I saw her, she was super pregnant and very excited to have her baby boy.

Her baby boy passed away today.  He suffered with a heart condition and had already had several surgeries in his short life.  I believe he was about 6 months old. 

My heart aches for her and her family.  I can't imagine anything as wretchedly painful as losing your baby.  I just can't grasp how you ever do anything...ever... again.  So, please, send prayers for her and her family.  They will need them, my friends.  May God lay his hand on them and bring them peace in time. 

When a child passes, I always think of the one funeral I've attended for a child and how horrendously tragic it was.  Coffins shouldn't be that small.  They just... shouldn't.  Anyway, someone close to me at the time, was moved by that child's death and printed out ribbons with this poem.  And now I always immediately recall it when I hear of a child joining the Lord's side. 

I am not there

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the snow on the mountain's rim,

I am the laughter in children's eyes,

I am the sand at the water's edge,

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle Autumn rain,

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight,

I am the star that shines at night,

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die.



Author Unknown  

1 comment:

Leigh Gable said...

My heart is breaking for them. I will send my prayers up, in hope that God can embrace that family and everyone that was effected by that little boy. How painful and tragic, they are certainly in my thoughts!

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visits